CESERE Community and Environmental Research and Education
CESERE Research Focus
Centre for Community and Environmental Sustainability and Security Research and Education CESERE focuses on contemporary and novel emerging issues related to sustainable, secure, empowered and environmentally responsible communities.
The scope of CESERE is applied research, development and innovation activities in the field of natural and social sciences and technology.
We offer environmental research and analysis of its societal aspects. We combine it with systems view and modelling of situations, interactions and trends at high professional level. The research and activities related to empowering of communities for environmental sustainability are are in more detail described on our page Environmental Sustainability.
Key Research Areas
Our key research areas and approaches to support communities and environmental sustainability are:
- Environmental research and analysis
- Ecological footprint analysis
- Modelling of societal aspects
- Cultural heritage and society
- Situation awareness and scenarios
- Human and sensor-based data collection, integration and analysis
- Multi-actor based modelling of processes, interactions, behaviour and trends including timing criteria
- Prognoses and simulations
CESERE Project Outlines
The previous and current research projects of our team and network members have focused on specific aspects of the domain as well as on integration activities. The existing and previous research and projects are related to:
- Reducing environmental impact through green technologies: research and study program with practical cases.
- Modelling and analysis of environmental and carbon footprint of domains, agencies and organisations.
- Performing environmental and socio-economic analyses for environmental and community projects.
- Analysis and elaboration of a model for ensuring the security aspects of buildings and related societal aspects.
- Collecting and analysis of user requirements in social real-time, cyberphysical and sociotechnical systems related to communities’ sustainability, safety and security.
- Determination, analysis and design of capabilities, situation assessment and situation awareness in heterogeneous systems. Among others, the applications included sensor fusion, UAVs and counter-UAV focus together with societal and security and safety issues.
- Analysis and improvement of information exchange, knowledge management and devising corresponding decision making systems in heterogeneous organisations in different societal domains and communities.
- Analysis of trends, simulation of probable scenarios and prognosticating short and medium-time horizon.
- Analysis of social cohesion and empowerment of communities.
- Modelling of teams, organisations and communities and their behaviour with a multi-agent approach and modelling of possible emergent behaviour.
- Developing and conducting study programs, seminars and workshops related to environmental sustainability and responsibility.
- Engaging communities and target groups, conducting practical experiments and analysing the behavioural change on environmental aspects.
Our team and network members have participated and participating in 50+ international and national projects. The project programmes included, but not limited to EU Horizon 2020 and FP7 frameworks and European Defence Agency projects.
Cooperation on Research, Development and Innovation
We offer high level professional activities and expertise in R&D projects to research and understand various phenomena and trends. The focus is on communities, environment and society and to development respective solutions. Members of our team hold respective PhD and MSc degrees and have previous recognised experience and results on similar projects.
Besides ongoing activities we are open for discussions with potential new partners and consortia. We are interested in novel RDI projects in community research, technology usage, sustainability, security and resilience. We can support research by collecting user needs and requirements, developing and conducting surveys, analysis, simulation, modelling and training of the environmental and societal sustainability, security and wellbeing aspects.
In a project, we can also join a larger research team or consortia to complement the research with specific aspects. Those can be, for example, analyses related to societal, modelling and simulation aspects. The activities can be also related to engaging of communities and conducting practical environmental activities, if necessary.
We are happy to discuss the possible participation topics by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +372 5918 9000.
Project Writing, Seminars and Training at CESERE
We also offer training and seminars. The focus is in environmental, community and societal relationships and sustainability. The areas also include situation awareness, knowledge management, project management and project writing and financing.
Based on our experience, we can offer support in writing of Horizon Europe and other national and international projects.
More information about trainings is provided on the page Training and seminars
In case of cooperation interest of project proposal please contact: email@example.com or by phone +372 5918 9000